This is a recap of some of the foods that made the iphone photo library (lesser quality photos, sorry!) while healing from my surgery. Don’t mind my green blankie in the photos, I have ate almost all my meals on the couch lately– ahh…the life of a gimpy recluse!
These clean eats have helped me lose another 4.5 pounds while sitting on my bum resting! Not bad… I tell you… not bad!
- Quinoa pancakes topped with almond butter and mixed berries… who needs syrup??
Candida yeast-free Kinnikinnick Bread topped with Crunch Sunflower butter and some strawberry chia jam! My new favourite breakfast!!
- Veggie Omelette one whole egg and 3 whites, from my free range hens!
Coconut & Almond crusted Tilapia with side salad and some jalapeno greek yogurt
Mexican pulled chicken with blackbeans, & coleslaw on a brown rice wrap with a side of veggies
yummy protein/veggies lunch! with a side of hummus
Treat supper of Beanitos tortillas with my homemade salsa, pureed avocado and jalapeno greek yogurt, YUM!
Other than this there has been a lot of fish, and chicken with green salads, and the occasional sweet potato, or sweet potato fries. I love that I am on Phase 2 now and am allowed sweet potatoes again!!
Now I am off to do round two of my physio exercises,
- 10 minutes on the bike rotating back and forth, back and forth as far as I can manage
- 10 minutes of reformer squats
- 10 sets of 10 seconds straightening with resistance band w/ 10 seconds of rest
- 10 leg raises
- 10 heel slides
I hope soon my knee will be a perfect 10!