One of the highlights of Fall for me is the availability of fresh figs. I love the sweetness, and the soft versatility of them. They lend to sweet, and savoury dishes. If you are looking for a great clean recipe to use figs in, this is your Recipe!
- 3 cups Spring Mix Greens (or greens of your choice)
- 5 Pecan halves
- 1-2 fresh figs
- 1/4 clemantine or other citrus fruit
- 1 T Turbinado Sugar (raw sugar)
- 1/4 t cinnamon (optional)
- 1 inch cube of Goat cheese
- Place Pecans in a frying pan on medium heat till they are starting to release some of their oils. (It will look like it is starting to sweat a little) Sprinkle Sugar and cinnamon over nuts, and allow the sugar to melt into the natural oils of the pecans. stir occasionally to prevent scorching of the sugar and nuts. Once the sugar is mostly binding to the nuts remove from burner. DO NOT put the sugar in right away otherwise it will not bind to nuts, you need the natural oils from the pecans to make this method work.
- Slice figs into bit-sized slices, whether you want them round or wedges it is up to you.
- Crumble goat cheese over top
- Squeeze your clementine (or orange) quarter over the salad
- Sprinkle the candied pecans you made over the salad and enjoy!