After 30 years of standing at the sidelines of my own life, I am ready to "Pick Me!" first. Follow me on my journey of finding health and happiness in my every day...
April 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Need to Catch Up?
Tag Archives: Mexican Night
WOW… I have been searching for any kind of tortilla that is wheat, rice, sugar, and yeast-free… Well I found it!
…err, Okay I made it! (after finding a recipe here… I changed it up a little bit. My changes are in the recipe below)
Quinoa Flour Tortillas (6 – 12″ similar sized to store bought large variety)
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa flour
- 3 tablespoons of psyllium husk powder (I bought at Nutter’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sea salt
- 1 tsp of grapeseed oil (other oil could be substituted)
- 1 cup of warm water (just a little less is what I used)
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, it combines easily so very easy to do by hand. Mix until fully combined, then knead until smooth on a quinoa flour’ed surface. Let rest covered with with a clean tea towel for approx an hour. (I didn’t and I didn’t have an issue)
2. Divide into 6 equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
3. Use quinoa flour to flour your work surface and rolling pin. Roll out ball, turning over and lifting every so often to avoid it sticking to surface.
4. Heat a frying pan on the stove top to med/high heat and place rolled out tortilla onto pan, cook for approximately 30-45 seconds per side, until high parts are lightly browned. Set aside on plate with a clean damp towel covering till you are done cooking the rest.
Top with whatever your heart desires and enjoy the texture of a tortilla without grains and rice!!
Yesterday was day 2 of driving… Shorter drive than the first day,but LONG nonetheless!
Breakfast was a 1/2 hot chocolate 1/2 coffee and a Tim Horton’s plain oatmeal to go, that I fixed up a little
The addition of Chia Seeds, Blueberries, and Marantha Chocolate Almond butter made it delicious!
Lunch was a slice of left over Tropical Chicken Pizza from our Boston Pizza Hotel Delivery last night… no worries as it was stored in a cooler
We ate it at a little Park in Houston, BC where we saw the world’s largest Fly Fishing Rod!
1/2 PB Lara Bar for a snack
Finally we arrived in Kitimat, after stopping and purchasing a new camera for me in Terrace. I am the proud owner of a Nikon D7000 now! I bought an 18-200 VR lens with it, so I could have a “do it all” lens for my everyday I can’t wait to check out all it can do! (Thankfully I have a photographer for a friend who reads this…and promises to help me figure stuff out on it.) I probably should have bought it in AB as I had to pay HST… but since I got out-voted in waiting till stores open in Edmonton on Friday, and I wanted the larger zoom for this trip… the monetary difference is worth it.
Supper was a Mexican Night with my Mom, Sister, Her BF, Hubby and my kiddos…
What’s the craziest “World’s Largest” thing you have seen on your travels?